Grasslanz Technology will build on its core strength of providing innovative forage technologies while embracing new opportunities offered by plant biotechnology. While remaining the world’s premier source of grass endophytes and white clover and a world leader in the development of temperate forage cultivars, we will seek opportunities to identify technologies that can be developed in other plant species.
To develop and commercialise innovative plant technologies
Grasslanz Technology is a plant technology provider, our products are proprietary technologies primarily delivered through seed and our end users are farmers. We establish alliances with seed companies to commercialise our products. We work with an international network of investors and research organisations to develop innovative new products.
- Create shareholder value through payment of dividends and capital growth
- Deliver benefit through leading edge plant technologies for New Zealand farmers
- Increase the capital value of the company by securing future revenue growth and adding valuable intellectual capital to our balance sheet
- Growing the investment in collaborative development projects both in plant breeding and genomics
- Position the company as an international leader in forage technologies and a desirable partner through which other Agbiotech firms can commercialise their technology
- Become a provider of genomic forage technologies to seed companies and Agbiotechs
- Expand product delivery in species outside of traditional forage.
- Develop strategies to expand contract R&D revenues from Australia
- Develop strategies to expand contract R&D revenues from Europe
GRASSLANZ BUSINESS MODEL
Grasslanz Technology business model is a six step process leading from the identification of a product concept to the products commercial launch by a seed company partner.
- Identify market opportunities, through either market ‘pull’ or research ‘push’
- Determine the market entry strategy and engage investors/alliances
- Contract and manage R&D
- Protect intellectual property and brand
- Deliver technology through nucleus seed to commercial partner
- Administer license and steward product in the marketplace